What We Fund
ScottsMiracle-Gro's Give Back to Gro philanthropic mission is focused primarily
on the communities near our world headquarters operations in central Ohio, our five
U.S.-based regional offices, as well as locations in Canada and Europe.
We are proud to share a portion of our annual sales each year with the communities
in which we live and work and focus support on the following categories:
- Environmental Enhancement. ScottsMiracle-Gro is a major supporter of the development
of gardens and green spaces that help provide life-enhancing qualities to people and
our environment. Our involvement ranges from major publicly managed botanic gardens
to small neighborhood green spaces.
- Health & Wellness Initiatives. ScottsMiracle-Gro takes pride in being on the
cutting edge of associate-focused benefits and wellness programs. As a result, we
support health and wellness-based programs in communities where we maintain a strong
- Youth Advancement. The Company funds initiatives that provide underserved youth
with opportunities that enable independent growth and foster an appreciation for
the environment. Support priority is given to programs that incorporate horticulture
and plant science in their outreach format.
Read more about the Company's
What We Provide
ScottsMiracle-Gro offers monetary and in-kind support to qualified non-profit organizations.
In-kind product donations are limited to materials from our consumer product offerings.
Shipping-related charges will be deducted from the total donation amount.
Products are not offered at a discount for fundraising purposes. Donations of product
are made in retail packaged goods and are not delivered in bulk.
What We Do Not Support
ScottsMiracle-Gro's charitable funds do not support the following:
- Groups that are not tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin,
marital status, age, disability, or veteran status
- Private foundations
- Lobbying, partisan or denominational groups
- Endowment campaigns
- Research and development
- Organizational operating expenses
- Individual elementary and secondary schools, not associated with national outreach
- Groups or individuals seeking educational or travel grants for contests, pageants,
trips, or conventions
- United Way member organizations (ScottsMiracle-Gro and its associates are generous
supporters of annual United Way funding, agencies supported by United Way are not
eligible to apply for additional support)
- Faith-Based Organizations (ScottsMiracle-Gro will consider requests from faith-based
organizations, provided the contributions are not used for inherently religious
purposes or to serve a limited constituency versus the larger community in which
an organization operates, i.e. community gardens)
How to Make a Request
To request funding or in-kind product support, eligible non-profit organizations
must submit a request electronically using the On-line Request System.
Only online requests are accepted. Unsolicited telephone inquiries, faxed requests
or letters will not be considered.
Please allow six weeks for your request to be reviewed. All requestors will receive
a response via email to the address provided regarding the status of their request.
For additional questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.